We LOVE working with journalists around the world to share compelling and unique stories about these amazing alpacas! Feel free to contact us with any questions or additional requests.
- Owners: Jay & Melissa Reeder
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (706) 754-9716
- Address: 357 Birchwood Dr., Clarkesville GA 30523
- Established: 2013
- Location: Clarkesville, Georgia in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and overlooking the Apple Mountain Golf Course.
- Number of Alpacas: 20+
- Business Activities: Fiber farming, making scarfs and other products from alpaca fiber, classes and agritourism.
- Amount of fiber harvested: 135 lbs per year (2018)
- Roles in the industry: Jay Reeder served as past president of the Southeastern Alpaca Association, previous board member of Georgia Alpaca Association, and on committees for the national Alpaca Owners Association. Jay is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and shows.
About our farm:
Apple Mountain Alpacas is a Georgia alpaca farm modeled after ancient traditions from Peruvian alpaca herds. We breed for improvement, help others with their adventure by sharing genetic advancements, and create elite one of a kind products using the fiber from our herd.
As an alpaca farmer, our renewable crop is alpaca fiber. Our finished products are one of a kind wearables that are softer than cashmere and warm like polar bear fur.
Our passion is not just alpacas, but the amazing products we can make from their fiber. It’s our pleasure to create and sell locally grown, eco friendly, & sustainable one-of-a-kind products.
We also love to share the alpaca lifestyle with others. We offer classes and exclusive tours on a regular basis (by appointment only).
Imagery For Media Use
The following imagery is made available for editorial purposes. All content downloaded from the Site (photography, audio and video, etc.) may be used for editorial purposes only. Any other use of site content including, without limitation personal or commercial use, is strictly prohibited. For additional media asset inquiries, refer to our contact page.